May 18, 2022
State certification only Program Requirements (12)
[PREREQUISITES: M.A. degree, Teacher Certification and Level II Certification for Principal or Instructional Supervisor]
Application Requirements and Admission to Superintendent Certification Program
Admission to the Graduate Education Program for the Superintendent Certification Program includes the requirements and protocols outlined below:
Admission to the Superintendent Program Requirements:
- Master’s Degree (3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale)
- Current qualifications for KY Teaching Certification
- Completion of Levels I and II preparation and certification for the position of school principal, or supervisor of instruction; OR for a candidate who completed preparation for principal prior to 1988, completion of the assessments for administration; and completion of at least three (3) years of full-time teaching experience, including at least 140 days per year.
- Applicant portfolio, which must include the following supporting documents for admission:
- Written letter of recommendation from a supervisor/education agency representative attesting to applicant’s suitability for school leadership
- Completed online application(apply.asbury.edu)
- Official transcript(s)* showing completed Master’s degree and cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater. [*NOTE: To be accepted as official, all transcripts must be sent directly from the credit-granting institution(s) to Asbury University Graduate Education Admissions. Hand-carried transcripts, even in sealed envelopes, will not be accepted. Electronic transcripts are acceptable only if, when printed, they do not show watermarks.]
- Character and Fitness Form
- University Screening Committee Interview
- All above required admission submissions will be reviewed to determine if applicant meets requirements for entry into program.
Admission to Superintendent Certification (Gate 10)
The student must meet all of the following requirements to be admitted into certification-only program.
- Successful completion of 6 semester hours at Asbury University.
- Minimum of 3.00 grade point average on all graduate coursework completed.
- Successful submission of Program Entry Professional Superintendent Dossier.
Exit from the Superintendent Program Requirements:
- Complete the four course sequence with a minimum 3.0 GPA and no individual class grade below a C
- Complete a minimum of 60 clinical hours with an experienced superintendent
- Obtain a minimum score of proficient (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) on the Capstone Project (Dossier) and presentation (Gate 11)
- Complete the ETS School Superintendent Assessment (6021)
- At least 2 years administrative experience as a principal, instructional supervisor, guidance counselor, DPP, DoSE, school business administrator, local district coordinator of vocational education, or a coordinator, administrator, or supervisor of district-wide services. Other administrative experience may be substituted for this requirement with the approval of the Educational Professional Standards Board.
- Receive a cumulative passing score of 3 or above on a 5-point scale on the faculty dispositions evaluations
(*Federal financial aid eligibility is not available for state certification-only candidates)